Donate while you shop
Donate to the Maudsley Charity as you shop on Amazon at no extra cost to you
AmazonSmile is a charitable version of the normal Amazon website. It has the same products and prices but the difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, a donation of 0.5% of the net purchase price will be made to a charity of your choice.
It is free to set up an AmazonSmile account and very simple! You just need an Amazon account (and it doesn’t matter if it’s Prime or not).
What products are eligible?
Not all products are eligible for AmazonSmile donations – the ones that are will be marked ‘Eligible for AmazonSmile donation’. There are tens of millions of eligible items. Subscribe and save items aren’t eligible, nor are returned items.
How to get started on AmazonSmile
- Go to smile.amazon.co.uk in your web browser
- Log in with your usual Amazon account (or register a new account if you don’t already use Amazon).
- You will be asked to select a Charity – go to the box that says ‘Pick your own charitable organisation’ and type in Maudsley Charity.
- Select the Maudsley Charity
- Proceed to the home page of Amazon and start shopping!
- Remember: You will need to go to the website smile.amazon.co.uk every time you shop, so consider bookmarking the site. (If you use Chrome, then you can download the free plugin Smilematic, which will automatically redirect you to the site.)
Note: If you have already chosen to support a different charity, you can change your charity any time by logging into AmazonSmile and clicking “Accounts & Lists,” then scrolling down to “Your AmazonSmile.” From there, click “Change charity” under “Your current charity” on the top right.