Our anchor grants achieve positive impact for beneficiaries, root us in our communities and our history. The scheme provides visibility and connection between the Maudsley Charity, people with experience of mental illness and staff and students in our partner organisations, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, the Bethlem Gallery and the Bethlem Museum of the Mind.
Anchor grants programme enables us to offer long term, stable commitment to our partners to fund programmes that deliver measurable value for our beneficiaries and provide a platform for two-way engagement between the charity and people with experience of mental illness, families and staff.
About the programme:
Funding themes include:
To maintain the historic role the Charity plays in
- recording the lives and experience of and
- celebrating the art and achievements of people with mental health problems over 700 years.
Ongoing programmes which sit outside, or at the periphery of, statutory funding – adding value to and complementing statutory provision. Further themes include:
- supporting recovery through learning
- Volunteering with the South London and Maudsley Hospital
- supporting and celebrating the contribution and achievements of SLaM staff
- directly supporting patients in difficult circumstances