Living Well with Psychosis: Tell us about your work
Tell us about existing work and register to be updated on our funding programme.
Our new programme
We are in the process of making changes to our funding programmes to focus on creating a greater impact on specific mental health challenges, one of which is Living Well with Psychosis. We’d like to hear from you.
In this initial phase, we are trying to better understand existing work focused on care and support (in any form) for people affected by psychosis, including those living with diagnoses like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.
We recognise the complexity and interconnectedness across the issues which contribute to psychotic illness as well as factors that negatively impact recovery and receiving the best care and support. We have identified eight potential areas of focus highlighted as important by people affected by psychosis, carers and health professionals. These are areas where we think there is potential for us to support relevant work. In this fact-finding phase, we expect to prioritise understanding of the first 3.
- Giving people affected by psychosis a greater voice and influence over their own care
- Personalised and effective therapy and medication
- Culturally appropriate peer and family support, information, and advice
- Addressing the impact of racism and discrimination on access to appropriate care at the right time
- Help to avoid or reduce problematic cannabis use
- Improving what happens in crisis
- Better use of data to understand risk and target care
- Improving opportunities for employment and volunteering
We would love to hear from you if your team or organisation is:
- involved in projects which aim to improve the way that care, treatment, and support is provided to people affected by psychosis including people directly impacted and family and carers
- providing support, opportunities for engagement, and activities beyond NHS mental health provision
- know of others and would like to signpost their work
Our primary focus is understanding initiatives that benefit people in Southwark, Lambeth, Lewisham or Croydon or have a national focus.
Please complete the form below. This is the best way to ensure that we know who you are and what you do so we can keep you updated when we make further announcements this summer. We are limited in our capacity to respond to individual email queries at this time.
This form is not an application for funding.