If you are receiving funding from the Charity, find out how to acknowledge your grant with logos, social media and more.
Our funding should be acknowledged in any communications you produce about the work which Maudsley Charity is directly supporting. Please refer to the guidelines below and get in touch with us with any questions.
- Depending on the level of support you are receiving from us, please use one of the following logos. Most grantees should use the ‘Supported By’ logo
- Our logo should be used where the work we are funding is mentioned, such as annual reports, press releases, videos, presentations, apps and promotional flyers, posters and other materials.
- Ideally it would be placed on the home page of your website, with a link to our website www.maudsleycharity.org
- The logo should be used exactly as it is, and not broken up or altered in any way.
- Where possible the logo should be placed on the top left of a document (first preference) or bottom left.
If you are planning to write a press release or speak to press about a project that is supported or funded by us, please could you send the draft press release first through to the communications team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the below text in the Notes to Editors section of your press releases, and include a link to our website:
“The Maudsley Charity an independent NHS charity working with South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King’s College London. The Maudsley Charity is here to promote positive change in the world of mental health. We support innovation, research and service improvement, and raise public awareness and understanding. We support patients and families, clinical care teams and scientists who are working towards the common goal of improving mental health.
Working closely with South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, which provides the UK’s widest range of mental health services, and the world-renowned Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King’s College London, we help fund ground-breaking neurological and mental health research, service improvements and therapeutic programmes.
For more information visit maudsleycharity.org”
We can also support you with press outreach and sharing your news on our website and with our partners SLaM and IoPPN. If you are an independent organisation we can work with your PR lead or appointed agency.
If you are a journalist and wish to speak about to us about the work of the Charity please call us on 020 3696 9760 or email Richard Morley, Head of Communications: email@example.com
Social media is a great way of sharing information about your project, and we also want to help you spread the word about any news, events or publications.
You can do this in several ways:
- Share your news, photos and videos, and tag us with @MaudsleyCharity
- Follow us on Twitter (@MaudsleyCharity) or on Facebook (@Maudsley Charity) and LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/maudsley-charity
- By tagging us, we can re-tweet and re-post your news, sharing them with our audience
- Send us your news and photos directly and we’ll post them on the Maudsley Charity accounts
- If your project is in collaboration with SLaM or IoPPN, then we will work with their communications teams to share the news on their social media platforms (Twitter: @MaudsleyNHS, @Kingsioppn and where relevant @Kinghealth)
We routinely visit projects and take photographs to add to the Charity’s image library. If you would like to receive copies of the photographs of your project, or would like to use some of the Charity’s imagery, then please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also share your photographs with us, and we can share them on our social media and publications. Photos of your project in action are best, and preferably JPEGs of around 2-3MB in size. You can email them through to email@example.com. Please include credit and consent information regarding whether you are happy for us to use the photo and where – and if children are featured their parents will have to have provided written permission.
Reports and publications
If the work we have funded involves a report or publication, please keep us informed of the publication date, as we can share this news on our website and social media.
To acknowledge us in your publication, please use the following text:
‘Name’ would like to thank the Maudsley Charity for their support. Maudsley Charity is an independent NHS mental health charity which works in partnership with patients and families, clinical care teams and researchers at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King’s College London, and community organisations, with a common goal of improving mental health, to support innovation, research and service improvement.