Date: 3rd October 2021
Event type: Running
Sponsorship target: £2,000
Thank you so much for wanting to be part of #TeamMaudsley and helping to support your fantastic hospital by running the world famous London Marathon! Pass some of London’s most iconic landmarks and soak up the electric atmosphere as you’re cheered on by the crowds of thousands along the route.
Here’s how you can take part in the in-person marathon:
Apply for one of our guaranteed places in 2021.
Applications for the 2021 event are now open. Please note, our charity places are limited and are given out on a rolling basis. When filling out the application form, do provide us with as much detail as possible.
Click below and join our team today!
All runners will receive:
- A comprehensive fundraising pack including information on training and nutrition.
- A personalised Maudsley Charity dri-fit running vest.
- A dedicated events team to answer any questions and support you every step of the way.
- A family-friendly, enthusiastic cheer point to encourage you along the route.
- Training sessions with qualified personal trainers, physiotherapists and nutritionists.
- An invitation to our marathon post-race party, the perfect way to celebrate (including a well-deserved sports massage).
If you have any questions regarding how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7848 4701.
If the event is cancelled due to Covid-19, all participants will be entitled to either a full refund or an entry to a future third party event (excl. London Marathon) and any money already raised will be carried over to that event.
We invest in and promote projects and research that make a tangible difference to the treatment and care of mental health service users. In this section of our website you can explore the work we have funded throughout London and the UK, in hospitals and the community.
Trainee psychologist runs London Marathon for Maudsley Charity
Katie ran the London Marathon this year to raise money for the Maudsley Charity. A long-time staff member at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM), she chose the Charity as she’s passionate about its work.
Do your own thing
From challenging yourself to run 26.2 miles, shaving your head, organising an arts and crafts challenge, cycling 100 miles or hiking Ben Nevis, the UK’s highest peak - there’s no end to the possibilities.